31 March 2015

Good Morning Australia!


It may or may not the best picture ever drawn but as soon as it had happened, I realised this was the first thing I had ever drawn in Australia, and then fell asleep immediately!

After an early start in New Zealand and then travelling to and exploring Melbourne all afternoon and evening, I was so tired when I drew this that I could easily not have bothered. I was way too exhausted to be too precious with how it looked.

This picture is a reminder to me that art is not about recording how clever we are or how much alike we are to the trends to which we subscribe, it's about allowing us a voice that tells a story from the very centre of our lives.

Everything we put into form can mark our life's experiences and journeys.

Thankyou, Melbourne!

No comments: